Welcome to the 1st EU-CONEXUS Virtual Race
Students and Staff. Run for European friendship!
1. Register for free.
2. Connect your Strava account with RUNÁTICA.
3. Run with your GPS watch or Strava on your phone.
1st EU-CONEXUS Virtual Race
Registration period: 29 March - 17 April 2021.
Running period: 8 April - 18 April 2021.
Registration will be open also during the Running period.
Registration is open and free for all students and staff members of EU-CONEXUS member universities and associated partners, that is:
• LA ROCHELLE UNIVERSITÉ, FRANCE
• AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS, GREECE
• TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
• KLAIPEDA UNIVERSITY, LITHUANIA
• LA UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA DE VALENCIA "SAN VICENTE MÁRTIR", SPAIN
• UNIVERSITY OF ZADAR, CROATIA
• WATERFORD INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, IRELAND
• UNIVERSITY OF ROSTOCK, GERMANY
• FREDERICK UNIVERSITY, CYPRUS
In the registration form, let us know which EU-CONEXUS university you represent and who you are: Student; Staff; Other.
You can register for any of the 3 distances. For those of you who are beginners at running, we propose the shorter distances. For devoted running enthusiasts, go ahead and sign up for the advanced level:
• Beginner level = 4 kilometres
• Medium level = 7 kilometres
• Advanced level = 10 kilometres
HOW IT WORKS?
To participate in the race, it is necessary to use Strava app. Strava app will register your running time, and Runatica will use this data to put you in the race classification. In order to connect your Strava account to Runatica, use the button that will appear at the end of the Registration, following the instructions on the screen.
If you don't have a Strava account yet, you can create one for free. Please note the app is necessary and essential to be able to participate in the race.
Step by step:
1- Fill in the Registration form on the platform www.runatica.com,
2- At the end of Registration process follow the instructions on the screen to connect your Strava account to Runatica,
3- You will receive an email to confirm your successful registration for the event,
4- Between 8 April - 18 April, go for the run whenever and wherever you want with Strava app activated on your phone. At the end of running, publish the results in Strava.
5- The results will be automatically imported to Runatica and you will see your score in the classification on the event´s website
Optional: take a photo of yourself any day you run and tag us on Instagram @eu_conexus.
- The runner will be able to carry out his/her activity in the place of his/her choice, complying with the instructions of the Ministry of Health of his/her country and complying with the relevant mobility restrictions. We appeal to the responsibility of each participant for their civic and social behaviour;
- Run (at least) the number of kilometres of the distance you selected during the Registration;
- You can run the selected distance as many times as you want during the 2 weeks running period. The best of your results will be the one that ranks highest in the final classification table;
- You must complete the activity within the time period from 08-04-2021 to 18-04-2021 (inclusive);
- The runner may not accumulate more negative height difference than positive in each of the races, otherwise the race will not be valid;
- The organiser reserves the right to check the veracity of the data in case of suspicion of irregular times;
- You must record the activities by GPS watch or mobile application, but always publish it on Strava at the end of the run;
- IMPORTANT: the participant must upload their activity to Strava within the indicated 2 weeks of running period.
Your placement in the rankings will start as soon as you complete the activity – your results will be automatically uploaded on the Runatica website after a few minutes, as long as all the above rules are met and you have correctly completed all the steps of registration and connection of your Strava account to Runatica.
The final male and female classifications will be made in each of the race distances, being the shortest time done in each distance the goal to be achieved.
In each run, the best kilometres of each distance will be taken into consideration, so that it will be the best average of this distance that will classify. For example:
-4 km race: distance covered = 4.5 km. The best 4 kilometres of this distance of 4500m in the shortest possible time will be taken.
Each participant will choose their own route for the race, in their place of residence or wherever they want, trying to choose a neutral, flat route (avoiding ascending or descending terrains), in order to seek equality of conditions among all participants. The route and distance selected will be within the limits established by the government of their country on the occasion of the Covid19 emergency.
Complaints concerning times or ranking must be made to the Organisers via the FORMULARIO DE CONTACTO. The decisions of the Organising Committee, after observing the complaints, cannot be appealed.
Registration in any of the modalities implies acceptance of these regulations, as well as implicit permission for the publication of general statistics of the activities carried out during the challenge, the total times, distances and medals obtained by each participant in the general list, which will be publicly accessible. Private details of the activities will never be published, such as heart rates, detailed rhythms by sections or the places and routes during the activity. Only a summary of the activities, total distance and accumulated time will be published.
Virtual gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded for each race in the men's and women's categories. Each gold, silver and bronze winner will receive a set of EU-CONEXS goodies, arranged by their own university. Each EU-CONEXUS university will be responsible for awarding the prizes, in case there are winners from their university.
Please note participants who turn out not to be students or staff members of any of the EU-CONEXUS universities will not be eligible to receive prizes; they will be ranked in the final ranking but not receive the prizes.
The same person cannot win more than one prize (even if he/she is registered for different categories).
In case of a tie or unclear situation, the Organiser will call a Committee to decide the awarding of prizes, composed of a member of UCV SAFD and two members of EU-CONEXUS Sports Committee.
The Organiser of the event is Servicio de Actividad Física y Deporte of University Catholic of Valencia in collaboration with EU-CONEXUS Sports Committee.
Any questions or inquiries can be sent to: email@example.com – our team will assist you as soon as possible.